Wednesday, February 18, 2009

why i read {part one}

(Thus beginning a series of many reason why I love to read)


I read because I now know that upon arriving in Italy (which I will, one day) I must eat Neapolitan-style pizza at Pizzeria da Michele.


So Sofie and I have come to Pizzeria da Michele, and these pies we have ordered--one for each of us--are making us lose our minds. I love my pizza so much, in fact, that I have come to believe in my delirium that my pizza might actually love me, in return. I am having a relationship with my pizza, almost an affair. Meanwhile, Sofie is practically in tears over hers, she's having a metaphysical crisis about it, she's begging me, "Why do they even bother trying to make pizza in Stockholm? Why do we even bother eating food at all in Stockholm?
-Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment